Saturday, 5 May 2012

Pics from Carronade 2012 - Upload No.1

Okay took a lot of pics today - no way I'm going to try uploading them all and certainly not in one sitting! But a warning this is still pretty picture heavy so give it time to load!

So here are a selection - as always in no particular order or preference. I tried to keep a note of who was doing what but it has to be said not every table said who they were and what they were doing. So if I mis-label a pic then apologies in advance!

 I'll get more up over the course of the week end -

Gourock Wargames Association - Battle of Gettysburg, Day 2 (15mm, Piquet rules)
Definitely the prize for the largest table on display!





Border Reivers Wargames Society, Vietnam Game (28mm)






Tyneside Wargames Club - Battle of Borodino (6mm, Grand Armee rules)

 






RAF Leuchars "Band of Brothers" (20mm, Rapid Fire)





The Blue Bears, "A Needle in An Ocean of Haystacks" (1/300th)





Glasgow and District Wargaming Society "Barbarossa 1942" (15mm Flames of War)






League of Augsburg, 28mm




Yes they are Old Masters being carted away!





Livingston Battleground - on 1 side of the table 15mm Flames of War



And on the other side of the table - Warmachine!!



Edinburgh League of Gamers, Epic 40k




Critical Mass Games - 15mm Sci-Fi




Dunfermline Wargaming and RolePlaying Fellowship - Warhammer Fantasy Battle Ogres v Lizardmen







Okay, if you haven't fall asleep yet then well done. Still a pile of other tables to show but I'll put them in post No. 2!






























15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing KP there were some nice looking games on show that ACW game was huge!
    I didn't realise that was you with the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willie. Just had my iPhone out hence the slight wobble in some of the pics. I'm working my way through the rest of the pics and get them up later so I should have pics of all the tables up

      Delete
  2. Ah it wasn't you then great pics with the i Phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics sir, some real beauties especially the Vietnam game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vietnam Game was really well done. I liked their terrain and the models were pretty damned good too!

      Delete
  4. Good pics. I took some with my camcorder but they aren`t too great so I won`t bother posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see much of Vietnam around. The Americans avoid it as if it never happened so I don't see it in the States either. My favorite is Battle of the Ogres vs the Wisardmen. I'd like to paint some of those figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Warhammer game was definitely a very colourful one! There doesn't appear too much of a hang up in the UK about doing Vietnam games but then you won't see many Games about the Falklands here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some excellent pics!!!! The League of Augsberg game's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might like that one. Is that the game they did at Salute?

      I didn't get a chance to speak to Barry but the next time I see him I will certainly mention to him that you are his number 1 fan!

      Delete
  8. Hi

    Just to let you know that the Battle of Borodino was put on by

    Tyneside Wargames Club

    Yours

    Stu

    ReplyDelete