Oh my! A turn up for the books and no mistake. Many thanks to Fran of The Angry Lurker Blog for his nomination of me for this prestigious award. All the more surprising when considering that Mrs Kingsleypark quite regularly reminds me that I have the style of a potato wrapped in sack cloth.
If you haven't already done so please check out Fran's blog, who is himself a 3 time nominee of the award. A great mixture of wargaming, painting, film reviews and other witty stories - always a great read.
So now that I have received this overwhelming honour, what am I supposed to do with it? Well -
The rules of this award are to:
1. A 'thank you' and link back to the nominating blog. - Check done that.
2. Share seven things about yourself. - Oh hell, right! 7 things that won't make you fall asleep, Dear Reader, after the first 5 seconds
Right here goes -
1. In my first year at High School, I was struck on the head by a meat pie -
Mrs Kingsleypark is convinced that as a result of this brutal assault, this has led to me suffering psychological problems in later life. What problems? What is she on about? Doesn't she realise that it is perfectly normal for grown men to push small metal figures around a table and throw dice and hop on one leg cheering loudly when that "6" comes up???
2. I sing -
3. I have 4 children -
2 boys and 2 girls with my oldest being 21 (on Friday 29th April!) and the youngest being 6. They are also the reason why I look 66 as opposed to 46.
4. While playing the part of "Ko-Ko" in the musical "Hot Mikado" ( a jazzed up version of the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta), I had my suit torn off during one of the numbers to be revealed wearing red pvc underwear
And no that it is not a self portrait. And no I don't wear red pvc underwear normally, it was all part of the show, honest, although it was quite comfy......
5. I have appeared in Court hundreds of times. However, it was part of my job -
As a Lawyer, but no I didn't wear a wig - only Advocates (in Scotland) and Barristers (in England) wear wigs.
6. I hate snakes -
Yeuch, man, I really, really do hate them.
7. I was in a bus when it crashed -
But it was not the one that crashed into Fran (you'll need to read Fran's Blog to find out what I'm referring to, Dear Reader).
3. Nominate 10 or so other blogs you deem worthy of such an award
This is difficult as there are so many good blogs out there that I follow. But on the basis that the following post on a regular basis (and I can't nominate Fran again) can I recommend to you Dear Reader, the following for your delectation -
1 - CarloAntonio of Military Minatures - absolutely cracking painted 1/72nd scale minis
2 - Garage Exclusive Models at GEM
3 - Paul of Paul's Bods - Love this site. Paul has all sorts of wonderful pictures of his favourite plastic bods.
4 - Phil B of The Wargaming Site - lots of stuff here, 6mm WW2, Ancients, terrain articles and more
5 - Paul of Napoleonics in Miniatures - lots of fab pictures of 15mm Napoleonics
6 - In Chigh of In Chigh's Little World - some really nice painted models on this site
7 - Dan of Gunners Wargaming - lots of 15mm sci fi conversion models and painting
8 - Colonel Shofer of Colonel Shofer's Mild OCD Model Blog - great resource of finding all the best blogs
9 - Bob Barnetson of Bob's Miniature Wargaming Blog - Bob just churns out dozens and dozens of wonderfully painted minis each week and also gets time to play with them too!
10 - Mike of MiniStories - just some fabulous painted minis here and wonderful step by step tutorials on how to paint them
I'll also point you in the direction of Ray Roussell's blog Don't Throw a 1, although I see today he already has got this nomination, but Ray's site is definitely worth a look.
4. Let them know of your nominating them for the award. - Right I'd better go and do that then, hadn't I!!